Wednesday 19 May 2010

Adore - Ditsy Neckwear

Whilst I adore handmade and will almost always opt for second hand or handmade when it comes to my purchases, the highstreet is absolutely brimming with beautiful offerings of floatyness, florals, frills, lace, pastels, light fabrics and vintage prints this season, and the jewellery stands are filled with vintage inspired gorgeous ditsy charms, fabric flowers, bohemian beauties, pearls, bows, birds, butterflies and pocket watches dangling from antique style chains.. Honestly, walking around the shops right now for me is like entering wonderland.

Here are some pieces that I'm obsessed with right now.. I can't even describe how excited I was when I clocked eyes on that rocking horse.


I'm ashamed to admit that I've spent more money on clothes in the past two months than ever before in my life. However, to make up for spending copious amounts on mass-produced products, I did treat myself to a vintage kaftan (albeit, it does need a few stitches) and belt this afternoon. Phew.

4 comments:

  1. Loving your blog Louise! Keep it up Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rocking horse is so cute, I love the level of detail in the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :)

    The rocking horse is a really chunky charm, probably around 1.5 inches wide!
    Definitely keeping an eye out for more :) I also have the most adorable birdcage pendant but didn't have it to hand when I was taking these pictures!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to come over and say thankyou for the comment you left on my blog (it means a lot to me- I kept thinking should I delete this post,will it disturb people).

    The photography on your blog is so calming and serene- when I need to chill out I will hop over here.

    I noticed you said you have been spending lots on clothes- a little gem I discovered is oxfam online- the second hand store, I have had some amazing bargains here, especially if you have time to sift through all the pages.

    I notice you are a visual merchandiser, i did that for 8 years before i had my son- I miss the mannequins (well dressing them) but not the hours, hope you have a nice company to work for. Gosh Ive waffled on, have a good weekend, Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x