Monday 10 May 2010

Beautifully Tattered . . .

Currently I'm working on a beautifully tattered dress for a friend over at craftster.org

It consists of shreaded silk, vintage fabrics, lace, tea stained doilies, scraps and more.. all draped together on my dressform and stitched lovingly under my sewing machine, and with a few personal touches here and there such as trinkets and possibly a little bit of hand embroidery - I hope to soon have a wonderful dress to hand over..

Here's a sneak peek :)

I can't believe how much fun these are to sew.. I was going to sketch out some designs and work from there but I already had an idea in my head so I just went with it, I'm in love..

Although.. my machine isn't so impressed, but she's holding out!

I will update on the dress again once she's received it.. it's supposed to be a surprise ;)

4 comments:

  1. All the things I love, lace, silk, vintage just beautiful, a girl after my own heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the finished dress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeep neither can I!! It's looking very magical at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These teasers are just wonderful! I can't wait to see the finished wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x