Tuesday 18 May 2010

Look What I Found . . .

Yes, I'm going to start making a record of everything beautiful I've picked up the past few years. From vintage clothing to teeny little ornaments. The weird and the wonderful. Faded by the sun, stuff that can only get better with age.. Things tossed to the back of a cupboard by their previous owner, or treasures discovered in someones attic only to be discarded because they had no use to them.

And so we begin. Look what I found...

A few weeks back I was hunting around charity shops for something.. I didn't know exactly what it was I was looking for, but I was determined to find it, whatever it was.
I can't bear to leave with nothing! And then, I simply walked right into the last shop in town, walked right up to the bric-a-brac shelving and there it was. isn't it sweet?

It's a beautiful little brass birdcage ornament. I love it so much!

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely! Look forward to seeing your other lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sweet. What a lucky find! ~ I love the feeling you get when you find a little piece of treasure in a charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm looking to create a necklace using it to use in a photoshoot soon, even if it is a bit bulky for a pendant and a little heavy..
    Always on the look out for things like this!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x