Monday 2 May 2011

Launch of Jackdaw Boutique Gift Shop!

That's correct, I'm super happy to announce that my Boutique Store is now officially open! Listed so far are just a few bits and pieces whilst I prepare and photograph more stock, and I will be updating my items throughout the next week! 


Would you like to know a little bit about how Dearest Jackdaw was born, whilst we're on the subject?.. Yes? OK!

When I decided I wanted a little shop of my own I spent weeks trying to think of the perfect name, everything I wrote down seemed either too cliché, too tacky, unmemorable, unrelated or sounded fine but didn't get me excited about the whole thing. I was getting really frustrated about it as I just wanted to get on with things but without a name, what can you do? 

Just as I felt I had fallen at the first hurdle, whilst clearing out some old boxes I came across an old business card and all of a sudden I was lucky enough to have one of those flashy light bulb eureka moments!

Many many moons ago (well, approximately 'my lifetime, and then some' which is becoming many more moons with each and every year that passes!) my beautiful Grandmother Pamela (who I mentioned in my Easter blog post) was the proud owner of a little antique shop in Haslemere called "The Jackdaw Antiques". It was her business card that I'd gotten my little paws on and all of a sudden everything fell into place!

I scribbled everything down on scraps of paper until I was satisfied with the name Jackdaw Boutique. Of course this has now evolved into Dearest Jackdaw, with Jackdaw Boutique and What the Jackdaw Saw being my little stores branching off of the blog containing a selection of gifts, treats, and fine art imagery.

♥The End♥
(for now..)

5 comments:

  1. It looks really beautiful, and what a great story of how the name came about! Good luck with the new shop - I really love that key! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shop looks lovely, beautiful photographs of super items. Bestest wishes that it's a big success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos...so ethereal.

    P.S. I am having a give-away on my blog...http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/05/give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you blog, and you shop.
    Dianne
    YONKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Big thank you to everyone. I'm loving it so far - lots of stuff still in progress and bits waiting to be photographed but so far so good!
    X

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x