Thursday 23 June 2011

Stash-busting Cupcake Brooches!

I don't know about you, but my overflowing stash boxes are getting a little bit out of hand. It's getting to the point of it taking me 10 minutes to remember where I've actually put something in my studio. Possibly the worst culprit is my scrap stash. Boxes - Drawers - Bags. They're everywhere. There is literally stuff - EVERYWHERE.

So in an attempt to scale down the ever growing colossal mountain range of stuff, starting small I came up with these little free machine embroidered applique cupcake brooches. The fabric used in these came straight out of one of these super-amazing Japanese fabric scrap bags from The Eternal Maker, backed with felt with a pin sewn to the back.


I think these are pretty nifty! What scrap stash-busting projects have you done? ♥

4 comments:

  1. Those are fab and what great way to use up the odd bits of fabric. I can relate to the stash getting bigger and bigger and not being able to find anything when you need it. LOL my problem is actually remembering where I put it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so sweet, I love the buttons on the top.
    Cup cakes are very popular.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh-so-pretty AND they've got buttons on too! *swoon* I especially like the swirly effect of the embroidery on the 'icing' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @itsamistry thank you! Honestly, I can never ever remember where I put anything. it gets silly sometimes, especially when I'm feeling really motivated and inspired to do something but can't find anything I need!

    @Picto Thanks! I probably don't even need to say this, but I have too many buttons too.. so they need using up! <3

    @BeckyButton yes yes, buttons! I knew you'd like them :) With the icing it was a choice between the swirly free machine embroidery or a swirly type fabric, but I went for the stitches so it wasn't too over the top with prints :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x