Thursday 24 September 2015

Collaboration with Artist Not Included

Back in the summer I was contacted by the wonderful Charley of Artist not Included to collaborate on a personal project, creating a bespoke journal combining my bookbinding skills with her fantastic screen printing skills to produce a totally unique journal for someone special. 
Well, we certainly didn't fall short - it was so much fun to work with Charley, picking out the perfect materials, sending them back and forth until we had the perfect combination of leather, paper and ink! Not only are there the sweetest screen printed robins all over the cover, but there's a golden robin on the first page followed by the most beautiful poem - I think we did pretty well, if you ask me!

Check out the images below for some work in progress shots - this truly was one of the best projects I've ever worked on, seeing an idea like this come to life was amazing and hearing how well the journal was received was just wonderful. Check out Charley's blog post to read a little more about it and check out her awesome work!

SO MANY PHOTOS!! But it looked so beautiful from every angle I just couldn't choose - oops! Massive thanks to Charley for the inspiration, I so so so enjoyed this project and can't wait to work with you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x