Wednesday 16 April 2014

These are a few of my favourite things . . .

Some of my favourite handmade, illustrated and hand-printed items I've collected over the past couple of years. I love the thought that a lot of the items I own aren't also owned by the masses and I love supporting artists and designers around the world. Of course, this is no where near all of the incredible handmade goodies I own, so I'll have to do a follow-up post in the future with more!
 From top left in a sort of.. wonky clockwise direction:
  • My well-loved typewriter illustration bag by Ceridwen Design. This has been thrown around in my bag and in the washer so many times and it still has tonnes of life left in it!
  • Super cute chasing foxes coasters by the ever-talented and lovely Caleighill. I also have one of her crazy-odd creature prints, 'Creature Hoarder' up on the wall and I love him so!
  • Quite possibly the most beautiful and comfortable shoes I own, my Audrey sandals. Handmade here in the UK by eco-concious Cholesburys using recycled leather and a gorgeous vintage Liberty print.
  • Layered wooden fox brooch by Martin Tomsky who has managed to transform his illustrations into these amazing laser-cut brooches and wall art. The rest of his work is totally worth checking out to really appreciate the impact and depth he manages to create with just one material!
  • Hand screen-printed tank-top by Mon Shop. I picked this up from their stall at Camden Stables Market and seriously had to hold myself back from buying just about everything I saw there!
  • 'Things We Found in the Field' pocket mirror from The Aviary.. I think I have like.. 4 of these all in different designs, they're all so pretty!
  • Gorgeous barefoot sandals. I bought the pattern from Isamo Crochet knowing full well I can't crochet to save my life. Thankfully, a lovely lady from Mauritius crocheted these for me and sent them all the way to the UK for me! Lucky lucky me, I'll be wearing these on the beach this Summer!
  • Just for fun, temporary butterfly tattoos from The Aviary. I originally bought these as a gift but they umm.. accidentally stayed in my stash here instead.
  • 'Hello' Soap dish by Stone's Throw Ceramics. It's actually a spoon rest, but I bought it to use as a soap dish and now I've seen it with jewellery in, well I think I might have to buy another for my dressing table! When I first came across this I was actually browsing Etsy for something totally different - then this popped up and I had to have it, I love everything about it! Check out Susanne's Octopus mugs too, they are SO COOL.
  • Last but not least, my go-to piece of jewellery that I wear pretty much every single day. My archery bow pendant from MisoPretty - I'd had my eyes on this for months and finally caved and treated myself! Archery has a special place in my heart since my grandmother gifted me my own bow many years ago. ♥




1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x