Wednesday 2 May 2012

One year on Etsy!

I've just taken a quick peek in my diary and seen that it's one year today that I officially launched my etsy shop! How time flies huh? The first thing I ever sold on etsy was this gorgeous plaited bracelet! I kept behind a vintage buckle to make myself one similar but never got around to it *adds to list of things to do*


I had no idea where the next year would take me. Selling on Etsy can be hard work and even harder for a new seller I just didn't know what to expect and things were certainly slow to begin with, but to my surprise in my second month of selling I'd gotten myself a confirmed order for 100 personalised pouches as wedding favours! Here they are finished (well, some of them!) It was tricky getting them all in the frame. Knowing someone loved my work THAT MUCH they wanted 100 items was a massive boost for me! Ever since then I've jumped hurdle after hurdle and made life changing decisions to be where I am today and I LOVE it - I wouldn't change it for the world ♥ Here's to another amazing year, filled with amazing people, moments and ideas that come to life.


This summer is looking extremely exciting. I'm working on some new ragdoll dresses for collaborations - who knows, some day soon I may even have them up for sale! I'll also be snapping some new fashion portraits which I simply cannot wait for! I have a new jewellery range coming into store VERY soon (hopefully tomorrow if all goes to plan) and I have a few holidays to look forward to over the summer months.

Let me tell you guys, if ever there is an opportunity to do something you love, DO IT! And to wrap this short and sweet blog post up, my favourite quote, ever. 

 

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely quote at the end there.

    Well done Lou, and keep it up :)

    If you ever need any graphics help or whatever give me a shout x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x