Monday 14 May 2012

She wears the world

Those moments, we've all had them - when you go to the store and buy stuff just because you can. because it's so beautiful/the price is great/it's that last bit on the roll and it's discontinued. Well that's exactly what happened here. Lots of fabric with no planned projects. And then out of the blue I decided to make a dress and here it is, just finished up - isn't it gorgeous?


This one definitely flatters a smaller bust. The bodice is a heavyweight cotton with a great antique style atlas print and the skirt is tea-stained cotton and lace. I LOVE the open back! I was unsure on whether to keep the handkerchief hem or round it off, but I quite like it as it is and if I change my mind it won't be too tricky to change. What do you think?

If you want to see more of my garments, just click on the 'Dressmaking' tab at the top of the site or click here!

7 comments:

  1. Eeek! I just made a dress using my own map printed fabric a couple of weeks ago - http://actuallyitstamsin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/ive-officially-finished-level-textiles.html. crazy! This is beautiful, you are very talented.

    tamsin x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the handkerchief hem, it adds a kind of romantic global wanderer vibe to it (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD DAMNNNNN I WANT IT ! I would buy it !! But.. guess you don't sell it ??? Well, if there's a chance that you sell it, please e-mail me at aud-2-rey@hotmail.com

    This dress is GORGEOUS. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the idea of wearing the world. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, beautiful fabric and gorgeous design. Definitely keep the hem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know- I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Don't feel obliged to take part if you don't want to, but I wanted to include your blog in my links!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x