Monday 19 September 2011

RECIPE: Chocolate Coated Oreo Truffles

You may think these sound slightly.. odd, but I can assure you they are one of the yummiest things ever and SO simple to make. No baking involved, they just take a little while to prepare (but they're totally worth it!). This recipe has been floating around the internet for a few years now and so I felt the need to share - Galaxy Coated Oreo Truffles!



Ingredients:
  • 440g Oreos (thats 3 packets of regular oreos (154g packs) minus two oreos (how convenient))
  • 200g Cream Cheese (I used low fat philadelphia for mine)
  • 300-350g Chocolate

Step 1: MASH!
Pour all those oreos into a nice big mixing bowl and start mashing them up. We used a wooden spoon to get the mashing started. You want it to resemble soil (tastebuds going yet? Didn't think so!)

Step 2: WHISK
Once you have your bowl of soil you need to add your cream cheese and get the electric whisk on it! Whisk it into a nice big lump of brown gooey mess and chill it in the fridge for an hour or so, ready for the next stage!

Step 3: ROLL!
Remove from the fridge and start rolling little 1 inch balls and lay out on some greaseproof paper. My mixture made around 40. Put these in the freezer to cool again. I put mine in over night but an hour or so should do the trick if you're in a hurry!

Step 4: MELT & COAT!
Melt your chocolate in a double boiler, remove your truffles from the freezer and start coating! You can use a skewer, fork or whatever you find easiest. I picked up a teaspoon of chocolate at a time and put a truffle on top, drawing up the chocolate from the edges of the spoon with a toothpick until the truffle was coated. Set aside on some greaseproof paper and once they're all coated, put in the fridge again to cool.

Step 5: EAT!
These are best straight out of the fridge - Enjoy ♥

3 comments:

  1. Aren't easy and delicious recipes the best?

    --Jaclyn T

    Silver Twig Necklace GIVEAWAY on my blog @:
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/09/necklace-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am going to make these, drooling.....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make them make them make them ♥ I'm going to be making more very soon! X

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x