Saturday 21 August 2010

Pouches, pouches, pouches . .

I've been so busy making things over the past couple of weeks, I'm still working on my next tattered dress but I'm waiting to find the perfect fabric for the skirt part - I have so much material I can use already here with me, but I have this vision in my head of a beautiful full tea-stained lace skirt. I'm going to Emmaus on Monday so fingers crossed I will come across some beauties there!

I've also been making prototypes for my upcoming shop! Here's an example of a sweet little fold over pouch
Made with vintage 1970s floral print fabric & lined with reclaimed vintage linen to match. All of these will be adorned differently and finished off with a beautiful vintage button, so they'll all be one-of-a-kind.

Measurements
Width:
7 inches

Height:
7 inches (fastened)
11 inches (unfastened)

These pouches are amazingly useful for holding all sorts of treasures - here's just a few ideas:
*make-up
*jewellery
*money
*holiday documents/Passports
*keys
*ribbons & bows
*stationary
*seashells, sea glass & pretty stones
*sewing supplies
*trinkets and findings

The fastening ribbon also doubles up as a hanger to pin to your wall so you can store all sorts of useful things!

I have one of these in my bag all the time so if I find any treasures when I'm on an adventure, I just put them in my pouch so I know they'll be safe until I get home!

You can also see an example of my garment tags there, I'm SO excited for this to take flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear my readers thoughts, please do comment if you have the time x